At MINDMATTERS PSYCHOLOGY PRACTICE, our team of experienced Educational & Clinical Psychologists provides comprehensive evaluations using internationally recognized standard instruments and methodology to understand the academic, social/emotional and behavioural needs of each child.
These evaluations are typically used to:
- Provide an overview of the student’s profile of strengths and identify areas for development
- Identify learning disabilities
- Develop treatment plans, Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Make referrals to appropriate agencies for remediation/therapy.
- Understand social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
- Apply for special examination arrangements
- Identify giftedness
- Assess readiness for school entry
- Identify appropriate school placement
The evaluation process involves:
- An initial consultation to clarify the reason for the referral. We also gather information related to the birth, developmental and medical histories as well as patterns of behaviour.
- The use of rating scales, observations, interviews and/or structured standardized cognitive, academic and/or diagnostic tests to provide a profile of the child’s development.
- A formal report that is prepared and discussed with parents 3 weeks following the completion of the assessment process. The report consists of background information, test results and analysis, and recommendations.
We offer evalutions to identify students with: